The Okotoks and District Seniors Club will keep you informed of changes as they happen. Stay informed as much as possible by going to reliable sources such as www.okotoks.ca for local updates. With isolation and social distancing it is important for everyone to practice self-care. Wellness is important for us to get through this pandemic.
Keep in touch with loved ones, be active and healthy.
Local services: Okotoks services and information
Rules for each activity during Covid-19
We want everyone who enters the Club to stay safe and healthy. Do not come to the Club when you are ill, whether it's Covid-19, the flu or a cold.
Before entering the building you must answer "No" to all the screening questions as detailed by the Alberta Health Services - which are:.
1. Do you have any new onset (or worsening) of any of the following symptoms: fever, cough, shortness of breath/difficulty breathing, sore throat, chills, painful swallowing, runny nose/nasal congestion, feeling unwell/fatigued, nausea/vomiting/diarrhea, unexplained lack of appetite, loss of sense of taste or smell, muscle/joint aches, headache, conjunctivitis (pink eye)?
2. Have you travelled outside of Canada in the last 14 days?
3. Have you had close contact with a confirmed case of Covid-19 in the last 14 days?
4. Have you had close contact with a symptomatic close contact of a confirmed case of Covid-19 in the last 14 days?
If you answered "Yes" to any of the above you are not permitted to visit the building. Note "close contact" is face-to-face contact within 2 meters.
The entrance to the building is now solely for entering the building. Each activity/area has it's own exit doors - when leaving the building use the exit doors for that area.
The kitchens are unavailable so bring your own water - coffee and tea will not be made.
The bathrooms are available for one person only at a time. Before leaving the bathroom, wash and sanitize your hands and use the towel you used to open the door then drop it in the wastebasket at the door on your way out.
Social distancing rules are in effect at all times throughout the building. This will mean that some activities will be conducted in a somewhat different format (i.e. cards) and the number of people attending an activity will be modified - contact the Coordinator for specifics and to pre-register (details below).
The Library is unavailable - do not bring books to drop off.
Additionally, every person entering the building must:
1. Be wearing a mask, which is to be worn at all times while in the building (exercise and dance may take their mask/shield off when actively exercising/dancing) - Note that as of October 26th the mandatory mask ruling as set forth by the Town of Okotoks and AHS has been revised in that only masks are to be worn, no shields. For all activities you must keep your cloth mask on throughout the time you at the Club; the only exception being during the fitness classes and dance your mask may be removed. This is in effect for the next 30 days or until further notice. Also be aware that the mask must cover your mouth and your nose.
2. Sanitize your hands after entering.
3. Bring your own water, coffee or tea in a sealed container;
4. Bring exact change (loonies and toonies only please - we will not be making change);
5. If needed for your activity, bring your own pen and do not share;
6. Bring your own Kleenex tissues.
7. Do not bring any food for yourself or others;
8. The cloakroom is unavailable, so all personal items (i.e. sweater, coat, jacket, purse) must remain on the back of your chair. Be aware that we must keep the air circulation on at all times, so come prepared. .
9. When taking part in an activity you must stay within the area of that activity throughout your participation in it. Do not wander into other areas of the facility. All socializing other than in the activity must be done outside the building.
You must pre-register for each activity, and no later than the day prior to the activity. NO DROP INS. To pre-register contact the Activity Coordinator or Assistant by phone or email:
Bridge - Tuesday Coordinator is Ed, 403-982-0926 or firstname.lastname@example.org; Thursday Coordinator is Gary, 403-938-7470 or email@example.com
Canasta - Coordinator is Pauline, 403-982-1217
Cribbage - Coordinator is Sharon, 403-938-7823
Gentle Fitness and Not So Traditional Yoga - Coordinator s Beverly, 403-589-4441
Knitting - Coordinator is Val, 403-982-0926
Line Dancing - Assistant is Jane, 780-864-9311
Mahjongg - Coordinator is Faye, firstname.lastname@example.org
Pool - Coordinator is Blair, 403-603-3325
Time for a Visit - Coordinator is Birgit, 403-995-1672 or email@example.com
Video Exercise - Coordinator is Sheila, firstname.lastname@example.org
Wii Bowling - Coordinator is Lyn, 403-461-1541
To check when each activity is scheduled to be re-started go to Upcoming Events.
The Town of Okotoks Resilient Okotoks: Climate Action Plan online engagement survey email:
"Hello Okotoks and District Seniors Club Members,
Residents of the Town of Okotoks have identified the actions that will help our town reach the goal of carbon neutrality by 2050.
Now, it's time to determine which actions we should do first, and why. https://resilientokotoks.ethelo.net/.
Help decide the most important actions for Okotoks' buildings & energy, transportation & planning, waste, ecosystems, local food, health, wellness, preparedness and water conservation & management! We especially value your input on the health & wellness section because older adults have a valuable opinion on how to stay safe during extreme weather events.
Please click now to participate in creating the Resilient Okotoks: Climate Action Plan: https://resilientokotoks.ethelo.net/.
Thank you and stay well,
Town of Okotoks, Project Assistant, Environment & Sustainability
5 Elizabeth Street, PO Box 20, Okotoks, AB T1S 1K1
Phone: 403-995-2798; email: email@example.com"